Monday, 10 March 2014

Developing Thumbnails: Body and Face Of Attila


When drawing these, I tried to consider the background of Attila the Hun as he was a barbaric leader/warrior who was nicknamed 'The Scourge Of God'. So I tried to exaggerate some of the muscular proportions in the body, and decided to experiment with his height. As I'm designing my character for a cbbc program I'm also keeping in mind to keep the style quite comical.



From the last set of thumbnails I did in my previous post I decided to develop the ones I liked, and drew out some possible thumbnails for Attila's face. I particularly like 1, 2, 6, 9 of the body, and 1, 2, 5, 10 of the faces.   I will now look into re-drawing and combining the face and the body together to create a new set of refined thumbnails to develop further. 

1 comment:

  1. Nadia - I think you should give silhouettes a go - you appear to be drawing the same 'mashed potato' man over and over - with a few differences. Try working in Illustrator and just using shapes - or just limit yourself to the lasso tool in Photoshop as a means of moving things along and dealing with structure. Use blocky, definite shapes in the first instance.

    ReplyDelete