Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Character illustrations

Rather than creating an influence map first, I started designing straight on photoshop, this was because I didn't know what to look for as influences, but as I was designing I realised what I wanted to portray in my illustrations and I knew what images to look at for reference.


My obvious strongest influence was the hulk - this is because I liked the idea of the transformation from human to monster, a nice aspect in which I wanted to use in my illustrations.


1.

2.



3.


I wanted to keep his 'human' look quite casual as was known to be quite a laid back, liberal before his incident. My main goal was to portray his grief within my designs to reflect upon his voodoo possessed nature to which I think I have achieved through the use of distressed features.


2 comments:

  1. I really like that development of your characters face from human to monstrous. Its definitely creepy. Its fantastic!

    ReplyDelete